- Updated to SAS trial/activation binaries. Existing activated installs will have their license keys upgraded automatically as part of the install.
- Added allowing users to choose between rounded and 90 degree angle corner edges in the Fences config (defaulted by OS)
- Added prompt for email at trial activation
- Re-enabled touch features. This includes using two fingers to switch between desktop pages (enabled by default) and the ability to "flick" icons into fences (disabled by default). Both are options in the settings, on the "Desktop Pages" and "Layout and snapping" tabs respectively.
- Fixed Fences not showing on desktop/exist offscreen, out of res bounds
- Fixed Fence shifting icons into hidden third column
- Fixed show my desktop issue reactivated with information
- Fixed issue with Folder portals and visibility
- Fixed issue with name based rules and right click
- Fixed issue with bottomed aligned secondary monitors causes off-set Portal Fences
- Fixed a crash issue that has been haunting support where a target folder location had been changed
- Fixed issue with config UI blanking out
- Fixed issue with Fences not showing on desktop when they existed offscreen, out of the screen resolution
- Fixed issue with new files defaulting to the second monitor
- Fixed issue with the show desktop button in Windows when an active modal window was displaying in Fences
- Fixed issue with being unable to drag desktop pages when the taskbar was on the left or right
- Fixed issue with excluding icons from quickhide (like .website)
- Fixed issue when folder portal opacity was set to 0%
- Fixed where rules weren't sticking if assigned through right-click/...
- Removed Fences as a Control Panel item (kept causing problems)
- Added support for the Windows 8.1 Preview
- Fixed a bug where some users with DeskScapes could not drag items on the desktop
- New: Persistent fences (and their icons) across pages
- New: Network drive connection detection. Fences will attempt to recreate mapped folder locations on a reboot.
- New: Page indicator. Skinnable via editing graphics in Images folder.
- New: Added ability to reset appearance of All Fences
- Fixed: Recycle bin jumps out of Fence
- Fixed: Right click actions make files jump into the same fence
- Fixed: Unable to move portal fence if title is off
- Fixed: “Sort by” appears twice for folder fences with labels hidden
- Fixed: icons would fall out of fence when ran if partially hidden
- Fixed: You can no longer page onto blank screens (unless dragging an icon or a fence).
- Fixed: When dragging a fence to a new page, you no longer endlessly scroll to new pages if you stay on the edge.
- New option visible in FolderView pane when Aero is disabled: "Display incompatibility warning when Aero is disabled".
- Can also toggle via registry - "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stardock\Fences\Tips\NeverWarnAboutAero" = 0x00000001 (DWORD 32bit)
- Added new Pages feature: if on empty desktop, double clicking desktop will return you to a desktop that has icons.
- Added paste shortcuts for offline trial window
- Added fallback handling for purchase button. If SDDLC fails to reach server (return code 4), Fences now
- opens webpage instead. http://redirects.stardock.com/fences/2.0/purchase Failures sent to Fences debug log.
- Fixes for some trials not starting correctly.
- Fixes for registration dialog not always displaying.
- Improvements to installation checks for previous 1.x Pro version.