(Object Desktop Subscribers can get a discount!)
Stardock's Desktop Pet has been specially designed to live on your desktop. Your pet comes with plenty of objects to
keep him occupied - in fact, we had trouble fitting some of them in the delivery crate!
Designed with its own artificial intelligence, the pet doesn't just randomly walk around your desktop. He has needs
such as hunger, sleep, boredom, health, and other basic desires that help bring him to life.
Starting out as an egg, the pet hatches and lives out his life interacting with your desktop. You can pet and tickle
him, feed him, or set various desktop objects to automatic to provide food and entertainment. Users can pause the pet
any time (or unload it entirely) and he will pick up where he left off when you un-pause or reload it.
The pet also comes complete with sound effects and plenty of settings per object to control the environment.
The pet also comes with an assortment of objects to interact with:
- The Butterfly - Perhaps your pet would enjoy playing with it?
- The Ball - This simple bouncy ball provides hours of fun - for your pet, anyway!
- The Bed - All that bouncing around can make your pet tired - and a tired pet is no fun!
- The Cheese Maker - Everyone needs to eat, and your pet is no exception.
- The Outhouse - All that cheese has to go somewhere.
- The Trash Can - Be careful not to let your pet eat from it when he's hungry.
- The Medicine Cabinet - Your pet may (rarely) get sick - usually because he's been eating from
the trash can.
- The Firework Launcher - Everyone loves rockets, and your pet is no exception.
- and more