Just an example of some of the features of TweakVista include:
- Security Handling. Users can now easily and safely adjust the way Windows handles security prompting including the new UAC (User Account Control)
- Memory Optimization. TweakVista knows which start-up services different types of users will typically use and offers recommendations on what services to disable. Users can easily switch between different profiles (including the default) based on their needs to maximize performance and memory use.
- Resource Control. TweakVista has several features for keeping an eye on and flagging programs that use excessive amounts of resources (memory, CPU, or system handles) as well as integrating seamlessly with built in hardware diagnostic reports.
- Start-Up Management. TweakVista not only will display and enable users to control what programs are loading on start-up but will identify in plain English what these programs do.
- Performance Assessments. TweakVista uses the new Windows Vista assessment features to benchmark nearly every aspect of a user's PC and allow them to submit their results for comparison with other users of similar or upgraded hardware. Reports indicate where the user's PC ranks amongst other submissions.
- Cost of Use and Carbon Footprint Analysis. TweakVista calculates the cost of running your PC. In addition a Carbon Footprint index is calculated. How "Green" is your PC?
The TweakVista 1.5 update brings:
- Improved startup programs and process list layouts
- Added sorting to Processes
- Improved snapshot load time
- Improved tooltip information
- Limited Windows7 support
- Added SMART drive attributes
- Option to disable built-in skin/use WindowBlinds skinning
TweakVista is part of the Object Desktop Ultimate suite of desktop enhancements, or available as a stand-alone application for $19.95. A free trial version is also available for download.
For more information visit www.stardock.com/products/tweakvista/About Stardock
Stardock is one of the world's leading developers and publishers of PC games and desktop software. Its PC games include Sins of a Solar Empire, the highest rated and best selling PC strategy game of 2008 as well as the critically acclaimed Galactic Civilizations series. Its desktop software includes Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, and a host of other programs for customizing the Windows experience. Learn more about Stardock by visiting www.stardock.com.