v1.5 Brings Improvement Razing, Scouting Report Feature, AI
and Balance Updates, and More
In addition to adjusting the AI of the Minor Races so that they no longer block your roads,
v1.5 adds a couple of new features to enhance and improve gameplay.
scoping out places on the map that are harder to get a scout unit to quickly at the beginning of the game.
The fog of war will be absent from some points of interest, allowing you to gain some information on
the surrounding region.
you can choose to destroy an improvement you've built in order to make room for something else.
With this feature, you are no longer locked into your early game decisions and can instead adjust in order
to be more prepared to face the endgame.
full changelog at the bottom of the post.
- Use the 'Scouting Report' to get rumors of adventure in early game.
- When the game starts, some unknown points of interest have their FOW revealed, giving players extra info about the surrounding region.
Increased Intelligence of Minor Race Units
- Minor Units will no longer clog up roads!
- If they don't have a destination (ie. they're not moving) and the tile they're on is a Road, then they will find a nearby non-road tile to move onto.
Late Game Unit Scaling
- Units given from quests will join you at a level that matches your progress in the game.
- Before, units would join at a fixed value (normally Level 1). In late game, this made them nearly useless, as the first battle they get into they'd get one-shotted. Now, when a unit joins you, they will be given a level of 60% of whatever your strongest hero is (ex. If your best hero is a Lvl10 Tandis, then the new quest unit will start at level 6)
- This does not apply to Pioneers. You still need to be careful with them.
Players were getting to points in the game where Flagons weren't dropping any more. Since these are pretty vital to potion-making, we've added some useful recipes unlocked by the Alchemist Improvement.
- 'Glass Flagon' recipe - Costs 2 Crystal
- Crystal Flagon' recipe - Costs 10 Crystal
- Players can now destroy improvements to rebuild them elsewhere.
- Added X button to the 'Built Improvement' icons in City Details to destroy an improvement.
- Game will prompt you whether or not you want the building destroyed.
Gameplay / Balance
- Fallen Apprentice can now cast Bewilder and Confusion
- All Drakes now have the 'Deadly Bite' Ability
- Raised the Mana costs of 'Crusade' (Raised Mana cost from 50 -> 130) and 'Destiny's Gift' (100 -> 250)
- 'Alchemist' no longer limited to 1 per faction, now gives 4 recipes (from 8) and requires 10 Refined Crystal
- 'Alchemist' also unlocks recipes for the various types of Flagons
- Scribe' no longer limited to 1 per faction, now gives 4 recipes (from 8) and requires 15 Refined Crystal
- 'Jeweler' no longer limited to 1 per faction, now gives 4 recipes (from 8) and requires 5 Metal / 5 Refined Crystal
- Drogon and Xi teleportation abilities now work correctly if those units are stationed in a city.
- All Trained Units can now properly equip weapons