Stardock Entertainment released a benchmark on the Star Control: Origins game today. The benchmark is set on an alien world that is generated on-the-fly as the scripted lander travels over it. The objective is to measure high-end PC gaming performance using DirectX 12 and Vulkan, while putting as much stress on the CPU as possible also. The DirectX 12 and Vulkan APIs differ from previous generations of graphics APIs in that they were designed from the ground up in order to allow games to s... [read more]
Star Control: Origins
“Well worth the wait. Star Control: Origins offers a vast amount of hours of entertainment.”
“The perfect balance of serious and silly while making an engaging universe that’s fun to explore.”
“I had more fun with Star Control: Origins than I’ve had fun with any other game in recent memory.”
Star Control Today
Stardock Releases Earth Rising - Part 3: The Syndicate for Star Control: OriginsGet the Earth Rising Expansion Now Play Part 1: Aftermath, Part 2: Return of the Lexites, and Part 3: The Syndicate today!Stardock released Part 3 of its expansion to Star Control: Origins today. Humanity’s alliance is fraying and their plans for expanding into the galaxy are waylaid when they are faced with a new threat. Earth Rising - Part 3: The Syndicate introduces players to two warring factions: t... [read more]
It's been an exciting Summer so far for fans of Star Control. Last month we re-released the classic trilogy on Steam, posted a major update to the engine to improve the visuals, and now we are busy working on chapter 3 of the Earth Rising expansion. For those of you who have played the game or will be buying the game in the near future, let's talk about the galactic scene today. Star Control takes place in the not-so-distant future. The stars are real stars, and in Origins they're placed... [read more]
- Explore Thousands of New WorldsDon't run out of fuel on your way there, or else...
- Meet Strange New AliensTry not to make them so angry they want to help blow us up.
- Secure Earth's FutureSome aliens want to destroy humanity. We'd like you to stop that.
- Pilot Earth's Most Powerful StarshipOh, and please upgrade it. The aliens keep laughing at us.
- Complete Your MissionYour orders are to not die. Anything else you do is up to you.
- Create Ships, Worlds, And MoreYou can have the world - lots of them, in fact - at your fingertips.