Star Control: Origins lets you do a lot of dumb things. Starting off in command of humanity's latest and greatest spaceship, your orders are to travel to Neptune's moon of Triton. On the way there, you're free to fly into the sun and melt your entire crew or explore the planet Venus and watch your planetary lander immediately get obliterated. This game doesn't hold your hand in the way most RPGs do, where you're forced sit through a tedious tutorial and it takes a long time to encounter a pos... [read more]
Star Control: Origins
Star Control Today
Greetings! Space is big. We know that. But how interesting is it? That remains to be seen. Let's take a look at the orbital bodies in our own solar system. Orbital Body Image Comment Mercury Basically a hot rock. Venus A poisonous, toxic hell. Mars A really cold desert. Jupiter Big ball of gas. Saturn Another big ball of gas with cool rings. Uranus Ice gas ball. Neptune ... [read more]
Greetings! We now have an official release day: September 20, 2018! Almost five years since we began our adventure with Star Control. For this occasion we have begun to number these journal entries to count up to week 13, which is when the game gets released! 13 weeks...Not much time. So even though it's a Sunday as I write this, and my birthday, I'm pleased to share this blog to let you know where we are. The Living UniverseYou are the captain. This is yo... [read more]
- Gather Unique AlliesInteract with aliens, both the malicious and the absurd.
- Explore the Vast UniverseTraverse a living universe where you control your own story.
- Adventure to New WorldsNavigate through thousands of planets with deep, rich histories.
- Create your Dream StarshipDesign your own ships or download them from Steam for Fleet Battles.
- Discover Unknown SecretsTravel across exotic and amazing worlds for relics, artifacts, & treasures.
- Contribute to the Dev ProcessInteract directly with the development team and be part of something amazing!