Stardock announced the final installment of its 4-part expansion to Star Control: Origins today. Earth Rising - Part 4: Earth Rises introduces players to exciting new adventures, including bar fights at Kapteyn’s Bar, the reluctant return of a God, a search for a missing Commander, and more. Star Control: Origins is set in the late 21st century. The player is the Captain of Earth's first interstellar starship with the mission to explore the galaxy, find allies to help protec... [read more]
Star Control: Origins
“Well worth the wait. Star Control: Origins offers a vast amount of hours of entertainment.”
“The perfect balance of serious and silly while making an engaging universe that’s fun to explore.”
“I had more fun with Star Control: Origins than I’ve had fun with any other game in recent memory.”
Star Control Today
Heir to the Scryve In Star Control: Origins you had a chance to save the galaxy and meet some very dangerous, troubled, strange (and overly friendly) aliens along the way. There may or may not have been some cannibalism involved. After the successful completion of Origins, the threat was stopped and the galaxy was at peace. What is there for a snarky ship commander to do? Expand the influence of Earth, of course. It's time to get out into the solar system and to start becoming a galactic c... [read more]
Stardock Entertainment released a benchmark on the Star Control: Origins game today. The benchmark is set on an alien world that is generated on-the-fly as the scripted lander travels over it. The objective is to measure high-end PC gaming performance using DirectX 12 and Vulkan, while putting as much stress on the CPU as possible also. The DirectX 12 and Vulkan APIs differ from previous generations of graphics APIs in that they were designed from the ground up in order to allow games to s... [read more]
- Explore Thousands of New WorldsDon't run out of fuel on your way there, or else...
- Meet Strange New AliensTry not to make them so angry they want to help blow us up.
- Secure Earth's FutureSome aliens want to destroy humanity. We'd like you to stop that.
- Pilot Earth's Most Powerful StarshipOh, and please upgrade it. The aliens keep laughing at us.
- Complete Your MissionYour orders are to not die. Anything else you do is up to you.
- Create Ships, Worlds, And MoreYou can have the world - lots of them, in fact - at your fingertips.