Today, Stardock Entertainment announced that international star Adam Baldwin is joining the voice cast of the highly anticipated science-fiction adventure game, Star Control: Origins. In Star Control: Origins, you explore the galaxy, investigate new worlds, contact new civilizations, and battle hostile aliens.. You are the captain of Earth's brand new, state-of-the-art ship, The Vindicator. Your mission is to gather allies to fight an ancient alien menace that threatens to annihilate the hum... [read more]
Star Control: Origins
Star Control Today
In one of our other dev journals, we showed the pipeline of how aliens came to be in Star Control: Origins. The process started with the artists and the writers working in parallel. The artists would sketch up lots and lots of alien shapes, and the writers would design the history and lore and roles of the aliens. From there, the process would begin to merge to ensure that the final alien visual expression matched up with the lore for them. Today we're going to begin walking you t... [read more]
Not all ships are created equally. This is particularly true for the ships of Star Control itself. In the year 2088, the United Earth Advanced Space Vehicle Program (UEASV) had done its best given the politics involved. But ultimately, what Star Control starts out with is a ship with very much the capabilities that a ship in 2088 would have, which is to say: it can... turtle around the solar system. The first long-range ship program - the Vindicator program - was designed to... [read more]
- Gather Unique AlliesInteract with aliens, both the malicious and the absurd.
- Explore the Vast UniverseTraverse a living universe where you control your own story.
- Adventure to New WorldsNavigate through thousands of planets with deep, rich histories.
- Create your Dream StarshipDesign your own ships or download them from Steam for Fleet Battles.
- Discover Unknown SecretsTravel across exotic and amazing worlds for relics, artifacts, & treasures.
- Contribute to the Dev ProcessInteract directly with the development team and be part of something amazing!