It's been an exciting Summer so far for fans of Star Control. Last month we re-released the classic trilogy on Steam, posted a major update to the engine to improve the visuals, and now we are busy working on chapter 3 of the Earth Rising expansion. For those of you who have played the game or will be buying the game in the near future, let's talk about the galactic scene today. Star Control takes place in the not-so-distant future. The stars are real stars, and in Origins they're placed... [read more]
Star Control: Origins
“Well worth the wait. Star Control: Origins offers a vast amount of hours of entertainment.”
“The perfect balance of serious and silly while making an engaging universe that’s fun to explore.”
“I had more fun with Star Control: Origins than I’ve had fun with any other game in recent memory.”
Star Control Today
Star Control: Origins v1.4 Update Improves Visuals and Increases Performance View the complete changelog below!v1.4 is here with significant visual improvements, including updated planet visuals, adjustments to creature colors, and improvements to planet terrains.Planets are now far more detailed than it was in the game’s previous versions thanks to enhancing terrain textures and lighting. Improvements to the terrain rendering system have also allowed for better frame rates and performa... [read more]
Stardock, Paul Reiche to Team Up on Next Star Control Game and BeekeepingDispute settlement paves way for new games, new DLC, and lots of honey Plymouth, MI. - June 11, 2019 - Game Developers Stardock Entertainment, Paul Reiche and Fred Ford have amicably settled the dispute concerning the tangled intellectual property rights that surrounded the 30-year old game franchise. In a statement released by Paul Reiche on their website, Mr. Reiche wrote, "Paul and Fred have offered to volu... [read more]
- Explore Thousands of New WorldsDon't run out of fuel on your way there, or else...
- Meet Strange New AliensTry not to make them so angry they want to help blow us up.
- Secure Earth's FutureSome aliens want to destroy humanity. We'd like you to stop that.
- Pilot Earth's Most Powerful StarshipOh, and please upgrade it. The aliens keep laughing at us.
- Complete Your MissionYour orders are to not die. Anything else you do is up to you.
- Create Ships, Worlds, And MoreYou can have the world - lots of them, in fact - at your fingertips.