Beta 3 is now available for the massive-scale tower defense game
Newest update adds scenario workshop, endless mode, and much more
Set in the Ashes of the Singularity™ universe, Siege of Centauri places the player in the role of commander of the defense of Earth's first colony on Proxima Centauri. Beta 3 adds a scenario editor where players can create and share their own missions, and a new endless mode that allows users to see how long they can last against a limitless onslaught of enemies.
“It’s always been important for us here at Stardock to put customization into the hands of the players,” said lead designer Derek Paxton. “Beta 3’s scenario workshop does exactly that: it lets people who have always wanted to design their own tower defense games create their own maps and missions.” Players can learn more about how to make their own scenarios with the Modder’s Guide.
Endless mode is a highly anticipated feature that has also made its way into the Beta 3 update. Players can attempt to survive increasingly difficult enemy waves on a few new maps that will present them with some very challenging choices.
Several new towers, enemies, and upgrades that make for deeper strategic choices are also in Beta 3. In addition, new scenarios that continue the story of the colony’s struggles are ready for players to explore.
The Early Access program is designed to allow fans to have input into game mechanics, pacing, and balance. Stardock has been releasing frequent updates based on player feedback.
“Beta updates and community feedback are a critical part of Stardock’s development process,” said Paxton. “We’ve been really happy with how the fans have helped shape this game.”
Visit www.siegeofcentauri.com for more information.
- Endless Mode- The onslaught doesn't end. See how long you can last against increasingly more difficult waves.
- Covey- Five paths lead down from the north toward your colony. Can you defend against them all?
- Mendel- A huge desert map gives plenty of room to build defenses. And you will need it against a wide variety of attackers.
- Ulrath- An arctic forest with dispersed resources. It will be hard to defend your Colony, Metal Refinery and Fission reactor, hard decisions will need to be made.
- New Campaign Missions- Follow the story of the Siege of Centauri with seven new missions.
- Plains of Fire- This Medium sized Desert map will test your ability to withstand threats of all sorts. Air units, dreadnoughts, shielded, swarms and even units that produce aircraft as they travel.
- Dule- This night map introduces a new enemy whose army grows as it travels. Take it out quickly, or it could be too large by the time it reaches your Colony.
- Plutus- Your Colony is well defended here, but your resources aren't. Try to keep everything safe, which won't be easy because of a new enemy that speeds up all its allies.
- Sord- The enemy has also deployed turrets at this location. Be careful where you use Milton and Reinforcements, if they are too close to the enemy turrets, they won't last long.
- Caina- Spiders eggs dot this map. If the enemies reach them they will tear them open and the spiders will join the attack on your colony.
- Styx- A new Juggernaut assaults your colony, and it produces waves of Falling Stars as it travels. Can you kill it before it reaches your colony while the stars are disabling your defenses?
- Sedge- This time there is no Colony to protect. Instead you are building a device that will end the war. Can you complete construction and hold it for the 10 minutes it takes to activate while the enemy assault grows?
- Download and Share Scenarios- Have you always wanted to make your own tower defense game? Create your own maps and missions, share them with the community and download scenarios the community has created. check out the Modder's Guide here: http://wiki.siegeofcentauri.com/index.php?title=ModdersGuide
- New Towers- Two new towers are available to equip and upgrade.
- Mortar- A cheap area effect tower, great for weakening swarms and softening any allies without spending much metal.
- Nova Tower- An assault tower with long range, high damage and and area of effect. Whats the catch? It only damages shields and won't do anything to enemies without them.
- New Enemies- Lots of new threats to test your defenses.
- Rolling Hive- This hard to kill hive produces flying Wasps as it travels that will fly directly to your colony from wherever the Hive is.
- Floating Factory- The enemy produces Scarabs as it travels that slowly add to its army. What starts as a single threat could be a massive swarm if it isn't taken out in time.
- Harbinger- This flying fortress will need everything you have to take it down.
- Taskmaster- This slowly advancing enemy will speed up all allies that come near it. From entire hoards, to dreadnoughts barreling toward your base. Be care who you allow it to get close to.
- Nest of the Queen- A devastating production dreadnought. It can take out your Colony in seconds if it gets close. The Nest is especially difficult to beat because it sends out waves of Falling Stars to disable towers in front of it.
- Heart of the Phoenix- The toughest and most deadly enemy so far. When this dreadnought is destroyed, it forms a sturdy egg that will birth a new Phoenix after a delay. Destroy the Egg before process can complete.
- Vulture- A special enemy on Sedge that will take out anything in its path, including your towers.
- New Upgrades- Lots of new upgrades to allow you to customize your towers the way you want.
- Nuclear EMP- Upgrades the Carpathia's standard EMP delivery system to a small nuclear payload, allowing for a much larger blast radius.
- Ares Charge- Reduces the Energy cost of your disruption beam by 25%.
- Defense Scrambling- For a short period, targets take an additional 20%, 30% or 40% increased damage depending on tower level.
- Chain Lightning- Overloads an enemy, causing them to pulse with energy that will damage nearby units.
- Colony Interface- Connect to the Colony's computer network to assist its upgrade procedure, reducing the cost of Colony upgrades by 25%.
- Shellshock- All enemies hit have their weapon reload increased by 100%, 150% or 200% depending on tower level.
- Field Leak- Disables the targets shield regeneration for 30 seconds.
- Lossless Recycle- Reduces the cooldown of all orbital abilities by 25%.
- Colony Pulse- Colony Weapons ignore shields.
- Recharge Generator- Reduce the cooldown of Overcharge by 90%, allowing you to spam it as long as you have the energy to use it.
- Targeting Calibrations- Updates Milton with Icarus targeting capable of engaging airborne targets.
- Metal Replication- Allows the Carpathia to automatically generate additional metal equal to a small percentage of your existing metal stores.
- And many more.
- Everything has been re-balanced.
- Really, everything? Yes.
- What about...? Yes, that too.
- Difficulty now modifies maximum spawn size (so you wont get as many enemies in swarms on lower difficult levels).
- Orbital Strike no longer has a 10 second delay.
- Reduced the time a Falling Star disables towers.
- Towers are allowed to shoot beyond their range a bit if they have been tracking an enemy that just moved out of range (this prevents a very frustrating issue where towers would aim, then the target gets out of range, then aim, then the target gets out or range forever and never shoot).
- You can't overcharge in the radius of an Orbital Nullifier.
- So many performance improvements.
- Fixed edge scroll issues that were keeping players form being able to place a tower at the edge of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where maps with a lot of waves would overwhelm the wave panel.
- Reinforcements are better at engaging with enemies.
- Crash fixes.
- Fixed lighting on Epicurus.
- Milton's Jake Peralta module uploaded. Cool cool cool cool cool.
- Fixed an issue that could cause negative scores.
- Fixed an issue where your high score wouldn't be updated if you were defeated.
- Tons of new sound effects.
- Tons of new and improved visual effects.
- There is now a briefing screen before every mission (v/o is coming).
- Added tooltips to the score entries so you can see exactly how the score is calculated.
- WASD key selection no longer disables tower hotkeys.
- Victory screen now includes shield damage done.
- The campaign screen now shows what difficulty level you beat each map at.
- Added a warning if you try to start a mission with air units without an anti-air tower equipped.
- Added a warning if you try to start a mission without any towers equipped.
- When you select an upgrade for a tower, that tower automatically becomes equipped.
- If you unequip a tower, all upgrades for that tower are automatically returned.
- We now show if you have unspent upgrade points on the mission screen.
- We change the cursor when you mouseover an Energy Cell, to indicate that it will explode if you click it.
- Milton is now displayed with your tower damage on the Victory screen.
- We now show new unlocks on the victory screen.
- Updated loading tips.
- We now display the amount of free towers you have available on the tower button, if an upgrade has given you some.
- Updated camera to be more top down at farther zoom.
- New icons for all towers.
- There is now a view indicator on the minimap.