This is a collection of things that I believe would improve the enjoyment of the ship creation process.
- Being able to flip parts before placing them
- As an extension of Number 1: Being able to switch which hardpoint you'd like the part to be placed as.
(One example is that there's a wing in the part list where its hardpoint is exactly the opposite of the logical placement)
EXAMPLE_01 | EXAMPLE_02
- Editable textboxes for each slider to give more fine control of post-part placement.
(If I could have set the slider to any value between 2 and 3% this saucer would have lined up perfectly)
- Individually colorable parts. Meaning I can select a part and change just that part's color.
- Labeling for all of the parts and mount-points.
I had to place all of the mount-points on a sphere just to figure out what was what. That is way far into unintuitive.
- Re-sizable and/or Hide-able weapons, engines, and thrusters.
I was creating what amounted to be a Black Spathi starship only to find out the weapon, engine, and thruster pods are fricken huge
This looks ridiculous: EXAMPLE_01
- Being able to change the direction a weapon is fired.
Right now we can change which direction a weapon is faced but it does nothing about the direction in which it is fired.
- An arrow or visual to show the ships forward direction.
Nothing sucks more than having to reconfigure an entire ship just because you accidentally built it backwards.
- Add ability to change textures
- (Wishful thinking) Add a minimalist 3D mesh editor to create your own parts
- Add ability to take a snapshot of your own ship icon.
At this moment the automatic one is a bit drunk and gives me garbled icons: EXAMPLE_01
I had some success creating my own icon using Photoshop and replacing the garbled one in the Designs directory: EXAMPLE_02
- Add ability to change engine, thruster, and weapon sound effects
- Add ability to adjust the size and length of ion trail.
Even to the point of hiding it, but not making it so long you could play a game of Snake