Bring "Zones" to your Windows 10 Touch Screens with TouchTasks!
TouchTasks is a unique productivity app that lets you assign tasks to specific locations on the edge of your Windows touch screens. TouchTasks works by taking advantage of the fact that the touch sensitive area of a touch screen is larger than the display part of the screen. As a result, users can launch useful tasks by touching specified zones on the screen.
By default, TouchTasks assigns the left middle edge of the touch screen to bring up a dock for launching apps. The right middle edge is assigned to displaying active windows to switch between. The top right is assigned to bring up the brightness control, and the top left brings up the on-screen keyboard. These defaults can be changed to any action you choose.
For example, on the new Surface Pro 7 and the Surface Pro X, you can slide your finger from the left and right to bring up a screen of tasks and the action center. However, trying to use these devices as pure tablets often requires additional taps when compared to other tablets.
TouchTasks Key Features
- Quick access to frequently used tasks and apps
- Zones are conveniently located on the edge of the screen
- Customizable application launcher panel
- Functional in both vertical and horizontal modes
- Task display panel customization
- Works on Windows 10 touch screen monitors and devices