Fences v3.13 is Now Available
Brings Target Based Rules, Addl. App Compatibility and Quality of Life Changes
Fences helps you organize your PC by automatically placing your shortcuts and icons into resizable shaded areas on your desktop called fences. Its many customization features are what make Fences the world's most popular Windows desktop enhancement.
Changelog for 3.13 (A culmination of v3.1, v3.12, and v3.13)
- Fixed issue where rollup Folder Portals were not rendering icons properly
- Fixes for WPE compatibility
- Fixes Windows Explorer crashes from crazy long (URL) shortcuts paths
- Fixes issues where Steam users could be prompted for a Stardock key under certain conditions
- Improved startup times
- Disabled icon move animation (currently disabled with new installs only)
- Resolved issue with folder portal 'flicker'
- Resolved incorrect sorting (name, date, etc) of icons outside of Fences on the desktop
- Fixed an issue with roll-up Fences where icon artifacts were left behind
- Much work was done to get icons to correctly go to proper monitors on multi-monitor systems
- Fixed issues with single width Fences (Fences with one icon horizontally)
- Addressed issues with MS Office icons not remaining in Fences after edit and temp file creation. Example:
- Fixed an issue where restored snapshots were not also restoring color settings
- Fixed issue where selecting icons on desktop could select hidden icons in a roll-up Fence
- New feature: Target based Rules:
For example, works for 'steam' links, or any .lnk, .url, or .website file. (Resolves the target, and applies the match to the target).