Fences 3.13 is a culmination of prior versions.
- Fixed issue where rollup Folder Portals were not rendering icons properly
- Fixes for WPE compatibility
- Fixes Windows Explorer crashes from crazy long (URL) shortcuts paths
- Fixes issues where Steam users could be prompted for a Stardock key under certain conditions
3.10 (was yanked because of Windows Explorer crashes and issues with WPE)
- Improved startup times
- Disabled icon move animation (currently disabled with new installs only)
- Resolved issue with folder portal 'flicker'
- Resolved incorrect sorting (name, date, etc) of icons outside of Fences on the desktop
- Fixed an issue with roll-up Fences where icon artifacts were left behind
- Much work was done to get icons to correctly go to proper monitors on multi-monitor systems
- Fixed issues with single width Fences (Fences with one icon horizontally)
- Addressed issues with MS Office icons not remaining in Fences after edit and temp file creation. Example:
- Fixed an issue where restored snapshots were not also restoring color settings
- Fixed issue where selecting icons on desktop could select hidden icons in a roll-up Fence
- New feature: Target based Rules:
For example, works for 'steam' links, or any .lnk, .url, or .website file. (Resolves the target, and applies the match to the target).
- FEATURE: Added language override selection
- FIX: Fix to help maintain consistent sort order in a fence
- FEATURE: Added Dutch localization
- FEATURE: Added French localization
- FEATURE: Added German localization
- FEATURE: Added Polish localization
- FEATURE: Added Russian localization
- UPDATE: Performance optimization for desktops with large icon counts
- FEATURE: Added simplified Chinese Localization
- UPDATE: Heuristic improvements (icons go where they should go and shouldn't fall out of fences)
- UPDATE: Improved start process (users were having to right-click on desktop to show Fences)
- UPDATE: Fixed Folder Portal spacing for Windows 10 Insider Redstone-3 Fast Track, spacing logic tweak for RS2
- UPDATE: Improved bug reporting
- FIX: Fixed issue where drag/drop into a roll-up fence failed
- FIX: Fixed issue where hidden icons would save excessively during mousedown events
- FIX: Fences could crash while performing activities such as switching monitors, resizing desktop area, initial startup
- Variety of fixes for Windwos 10 Creator's Update
- Fixed issue where details-view Folder Portals would not remember column order, size
- Fixed issue where icon-view Folder Portals would not remember icon size in Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Fixed issue where icon label would not clipped by Fence area in multi-DPI scenarios in Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Improved upgrade method for replacing files
- Fixed issue where Fence size could repeatedly grow larger in Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Fixed issue where it's possible to move icons off-screen in multimon scenarios.
- Fixed bug with wallpaper shuffling
- Fixed bug with background blur when wallpapers are set independently per-monitor (Win10+)
- Fixed issue with icon spacing with DPI's greater than 100% in Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Fixed issue where icons would jump around on moves, deletes, additions on Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Fixed issue with desktop icon spacing on systems with multiple monitors with multiple DPIs on Windows 10 Creator's Edition
- Improved most High-DPI visuals up to 350%
- High-DPI compatibility improvements
- Per-monitor DPI compatibility for Fence visuals. Titlebars scale on per monitor basis as fence is moved between monitors.
- Improved startup time
- Fixed issue with drawing, where icons would appear partially black while clicking desktop
- Updates /startup robustness & reliability
- R-clicking anywhere on Titlebar opens the menu
- Resolves issue where icons covered by other fences on general-desktop (not in fence) could still be clicked
- Disables "escape" button from triggering autohide
- Fixes bug where rollup/rolldown timer can get stuck, breaking rollup for a specific fence until reboot
- Resolves issue where if Fence has too many icons, its column count reduces by 1
- New: Windows 10 support
- New: Roll-up fences
- New: Blur the wallpaper behind fences (Win10 only)
- New: High DPI support
- New: Portal navigation
- Fixed: 100% opaque fences
- Updated to SAS trial/activation binaries. Existing activated installs will have their license keys upgraded automatically as part of the install.
- Added allowing users to choose between rounded and 90 degree angle corner edges in the Fences config (defaulted by OS)
- Added prompt for email at trial activation
- Re-enabled touch features. This includes using two fingers to switch between desktop pages (enabled by default) and the ability to "flick" icons into fences (disabled by default). Both are options in the settings, on the "Desktop Pages" and "Layout and snapping" tabs respectively.
- Fixed Fences not showing on desktop/exist offscreen, out of res bounds
- Fixed Fence shifting icons into hidden third column
- Fixed show my desktop issue reactivated with information
- Fixed issue with Folder portals and visibility
- Fixed issue with name based rules and right click
- Fixed issue with bottomed aligned secondary monitors causes off-set Portal Fences
- Fixed a crash issue that has been haunting support where a target folder location had been changed
- Fixed issue with config UI blanking out
- Fixed issue with Fences not showing on desktop when they existed offscreen, out of the screen resolution
- Fixed issue with new files defaulting to the second monitor
- Fixed issue with the show desktop button in Windows when an active modal window was displaying in Fences
- Fixed issue with being unable to drag desktop pages when the taskbar was on the left or right
- Fixed issue with excluding icons from quickhide (like .website)
- Fixed issue when folder portal opacity was set to 0%
- Fixed where rules weren't sticking if assigned through right-click/...
- Removed Fences as a Control Panel item (kept causing problems)
- Added support for the Windows 8.1 Preview
- Fixed a bug where some users with DeskScapes could not drag items on the desktop
- New: Persistent fences (and their icons) across pages
- New: Network drive connection detection. Fences will attempt to recreate mapped folder locations on a reboot.
- New: Page indicator. Skinnable via editing graphics in Images folder.
- New: Added ability to reset appearance of All Fences
- Fixed: Recycle bin jumps out of Fence
- Fixed: Right click actions make files jump into the same fence
- Fixed: Unable to move portal fence if title is off
- Fixed: “Sort by” appears twice for folder fences with labels hidden
- Fixed: icons would fall out of fence when ran if partially hidden
- Fixed: You can no longer page onto blank screens (unless dragging an icon or a fence).
- Fixed: When dragging a fence to a new page, you no longer endlessly scroll to new pages if you stay on the edge.
- New option visible in FolderView pane when Aero is disabled: "Display incompatibility warning when Aero is disabled".
- Can also toggle via registry - "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stardock\Fences\Tips\NeverWarnAboutAero" = 0x00000001 (DWORD 32bit)
- Added new Pages feature: if on empty desktop, double clicking desktop will return you to a desktop that has icons.
- Added paste shortcuts for offline trial window
- Added fallback handling for purchase button. If SDDLC fails to reach server (return code 4), Fences now
- opens webpage instead. http://redirects.stardock.com/fences/2.0/purchase Failures sent to Fences debug log.
- Fixes for some trials not starting correctly.
- Fixes for registration dialog not always displaying.
- Improvements to installation checks for previous 1.x Pro version.