We have an opt-in of GalCiv III v1.9 already out. We continue to update and respond to feedback on it.
Here are some changes I made:
- Diplomacy tech affect to diplomacy ability increased from 0.5 to 1
- InfluenceMinToClaim increased from 0.33 to 8
- InfluenceRadius root reduced from 3.25 (^0.325) to square root (^0.5)
- Eliminated the Influence Bell Durve target divsor
- Influence fall off is increased from -0.3 to –10
- Capital Influence per turn increased from 1.5 to 3
- Colony Influnece per turn reduced from 2 to 1
- Removed the faction ability bonus from the Diplomatic Office
- Removed all faction ability bonuses from starbase modules
- AI is much MUCH smarter about detecting cultural flipping strategies
- AI is much better about detecting fast alliance strategies
- Colonies now instantly update when you rush bulid to show the effect of the new building.
- Players start with no area of influence for the first turn
- Influence now grows more organically over time
There were some exploits (or ones I would use anyway) that I removed. For instance, if you built enough cultural starbases, you could get an insanely high diplomacy score. Same was true for early game trading and other diplomacy techs.
I also changed it so that you start out with zilch on-map influence on the first turn. It quickly grows but I wanted to be able to convey to players that influence is not a right but something earned. If you don’t build stuff to increase your influence, it won’t grow far.
I fixed a pet peeve of mine. When I build something on a planet, I want to see the stats update right then.
The next thing on my list is the small empire / administrative resource that will control not just how many starbases you have but a lot of other things. I am trying to get that in today.