Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation v3.1 Optimizes Game with Faster Load Times and Major Balance Updates
Published on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 By Tatiora In Ashes of the Singularity News
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, Now with Faster Load Times and Major Balance Updates
View the full changelog below!
Stardock’s massive-scale real-time strategy game received an update today that reduces load times and improves combat balance and visuals.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation takes place in a post-technological singularity world where sentient AI, known as the Substrate, are in a war of annihilation against the Post-Human Coalition.
"This update makes significant improvements in performance,” said Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. “We increased the number of CPU cores that can simultaneously interact with the GPU from 8 to 16 which should translate to smoother performance when thousands of units are on screen.”
The Turtle Wars and Entropy scenarios have been re-balanced in order to implement changes from previous version updates. Additionally, the Nashira map has been adjusted to correct some pathing issues that were previously reported.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation can be purchased through Steam or Stardock.
- Update Mesh optimization pass to reduce game load up time by 70%
- Camera angle adjusted to be less top-down and adjust as the player zooms in and out
- Max threads increased from 16 to 24 to increase performance as many machines now have more CPU cores
- Update the Oxide logo
- Adjusted rendering priorities so that larger units look substantially better when there are fewer units on the screen
- Artemis HP reduced from 575 to 480
- Version bumped to v3.10
- Updated Turtle Wars scenario for balance changes from 3.0
- Updated Entropy scenario for same reason
- Regenerated Nashira map