Stardock has released the public beta of TweakVista. TweakVista is a utility that enables users to optimize the performance and behavior of Microsoft® Windows Vista. The program has been designed to allow both casual, non-technical users to safely use it as well as contain a host of advanced features for power users to dig into the internals of Windows Vista. The feature-packed utility includes features such as:
- Security Handling. Users can now easily and safely adjust the way Windows handles security prompting including the new UAC (User Account Control)
- Memory Optimization. TweakVista knows which start-up services different types of users will typically use and offers recommendations on what services to disable. Users can easily switch between different profiles (including the default) based on their needs to maximize performance and memory use.
- Resource Control. Tweak Vista has several features for keeping an eye on and flagging programs that use excessive amounts of resources (memory, CPU, or system handles) as well as integrating seamlessly with built in hardware diagnostic reports.
- Start-Up Management. TweakVista not only will display and enable users to control what programs are loading on start-up but will identify in plain English what these programs do. Internet integration in the software allows users to comment on these processes within the program to one another.
- Performance Assessments. TweakVista uses the new Windows Vista assessment features to benchmark nearly every aspect of a user’s PC and allow them to submit their results for comparison with other users of similar or upgraded hardware.
- TweakVista.com integration. TweakVista partners the software development skills of Stardock with the on-going tweak expertise of TweakVista.com to provide an on-going live database of helpful tips and tricks for maximizing the Windows Vista experience.
Additional features are being added during the course of the beta based on
“TweakVista has been designed not just for power users but also for every-day computer users,” said Brad Wardell, President & CEO of Stardock Corp. “We know a lot of people who are the family/neighborhood ‘computer guy’ and this program really is for them to use themselves or to hand out to people so that they can help fix and manage their own computers safely.”
“TweakVista is the perfect companion for TweakVista.com by providing our visitors with an alternative to manually tweaking their systems.” said Steve Sinchak, founder of TweakVista.com
TweakVista Beta is available for download at
https://www.stardock.com/products/tweakvista. The final version will be have
both a free version as well as a premium version with additional functionality
for either $19.95 stand-alone or for $49.95 as part of Stardock’s Object
Desktop suite of desktop utilities.